Dear Churches and Friends, July August 2016
“Talking to men for God is a great thing, but talking to God for men is greater still.” E.M.Bounds It is amazing that God invites us to pray and even says to “come boldly unto the throne of grace”. This past month we did a series on prayer in the Lamphun Church. It was a great reminder of the importance of prayer and how powerful prayer is. Some principles of prayer were taught. One obvious point given is that we simply must pray. The Bible says “ye have not, because ye ask not”. In addition, we must be holy. If we want a holy God to hear and answer our prayers, we need to be clean.
It sure challenged me on my prayer life, and I pray the church was challenged as well. The Holy Spirit continues to shape and mold us into the image of Christ through prayer, His word, and the church. We also made a trip to the boys’ home. I invited a Thai pastor to come with me to the home, and we did two days of Bible studies. There was a good attentive spirit. It seemed like the young men were encouraged. Thank you for all your prayers. I appreciate your prayers for this ministry in Thailand. Without God in the work it will not amount to anything. We want God’s hand in everything we do.
Together for His service
- Salvation of Mike, Yok & Aoy
- Learning Language & Culture
- Hong’s Father & Family to Get Saved
- Churches in Thailand
- Seeds to Take Root in Hearts
- Phil 4:6-7 – “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”